Employment Careers Jobs
BlackRock Candidates, Welcome!
A Typical Day…
Looking for rock climbing belayers: $15- $20/hour
Looking for drivers with their own pick-up/belayers: $20 – $25/hour plus gas
Candidates from the Mississauga area will be asked to meet at our meeting spot near square One Mississauga and Candidates from Durham Region will be asked to meet in Oshawa, load the trucks with inflatables, rock climbing walls, pylons, ropes. harnesses and so on…
- We travel to the event in teams of 2,3 or 4. One of the
owners always drives.
- Upon arrival, we set-up the equipment with military
- We run a safety check on the equipment, then we open the
equipment to our clients.
Crowds vary from 20 kids at a birthday party to 20,000 at a
festival on Canada Day.
Employment Careers Jobs with BlackRock means joking with parents, coaching climbers up and down the wall, supervising the inflatables for safe participation, organizing mock races at your leisure, praising all participants of all levels, giving hi-fives to the nervous ones.
We take down, and load the vehicles with military precision.
Final site check to make sure we leave without a trace. Travel back to the office/compound, unload.
You get thanked and paid that night cash or via e-money transfer.
Here is what you need to know:
- You must know how to belay a climber. If you are a little rusty, that’s fine. If you do not know what the word means, take a a quick 3 hour $35 course at Joe Rockheads or Rock Oasis in Ajax or downtown Toronto.
- You must be physically fit (able to push, lift and pull inflatable jumping castles, slides, obstacle courses)
- You must be reliable, punctual
- We play for a living; you must have a great sense of
- You must be a “people person”, great with kids of all
ages and all attitudes
- You must be able to stand on your feet for up to 4 hours
without a break
- We work at camps in the country, city parks, festivals
and clients front yards doing rock climbing birthday parties
- Constant communication with co-workers is a must
for safety and smooth operations
- You must have good peripheral awareness to avoid possible
- You must be a non-smoker
- You must be at least 21 years old.
We provide constant training. Base shifts are given in
advance, and extra shifts are assigned as they come in.
We pay after each shift. If we are doing an over night, your hotel and breakfast are paid. You get paid for the actual belaying part, not the travel or loading.There might be traveling of 2 hours each way.
You are given your shift by email with departure and return
times, how much the job pays, where you are going and what type of event you are going to.