Who We Are...
Susie Brathwaite is the one
you probably talked to on the phone. She brings years of experience and
flair to the company. She enjoys traditional and sport climbing,
snowboarding, long boarding, downhill mountain biking and
Brent "el Capitan" Brathwaite,
is a High Angle Rescue Instructor (trainer) . Referred to as The Captain, he enjoys long-boarding, hang
gliding, kiteboarding and motocross. Susie and Brent are both Vipassana
meditators; they have 4 kids and 1 grandkid!
assembled a staff with unique skills that represent over 1000 years of
experience in the sport of rock climbing, the outdoor industry,
education, and event promotion.
Our Mission Statement
"To continually strive for
excellence in Portable Team Challenges and Rock Climbing programs that nurture our clients and
empower them to develop values, attitudes and beliefs that sustain them for life"
(Adopted by the BlackRock Climbers staff in
- To provide opportunities for participants to develop leadership,
tolerance and teamwork, and to learn with and from each other in a range of settings.
- To provide opportunities for participants to develop self esteem and
to form values, ideas and opinions of their own.
- To provide participants with opportunities to experience genuine
adventure and to be challenged physically, socially, intellectually and emotionally
through outdoor activities and experiences.
- To provide learning activities of sufficient depth, breadth and
variety to enable participants to experience success and to discover their own abilities
- To provide learning experiences, which will challenge, extend and
motivate participants to explore and develop their potential.
- To provide a variety of learning experiences that are clearly linked
and that assist participants to make connections between theory and practice.
- To provide a friendly, safe, caring and supportive learning
- To provide an atmosphere which encourages participants to show
consideration for the natural environment.
- To provide opportunities for campers to develop life long interests
- To develop in participants a sense of responsibility towards
property, equipment and venues.
- To serve both as an example and as a resource for schools in the
development of comprehensive outdoor education programs.
BlackRock Climbers provides:
- A wide range of education programs for students and clients from
years 6 to 80.
- Specialized programs for students studying
rock climbing indoor/outdoor
- Programs for students attending special schools.
- Professional development programs for teachers, parents, and
- Specialist programs for community and business
If you are looking for rock climbing gear,
please try these links:
If you are looking for information on the
sport of rock climbing, try these links:
If you are looking for great indoor
facilities, try these links:
If you are looking for rock climbing
instruction, try these links:
For rock climbing locations: